Increasing your Bottom-Line
Lets take a look at the best practices we’ve gleaned over the years from working with our customers as they implement PDF automation technology that integrates with any software solutions :
- Encouraging vendors to move away from paper and toward electronic PDF format by creating purchasing documents in a digital form from the start. Electronic invoices can be saved in PDF format so they can’t be altered and emailed to the company.
- Reviewing the company’s processes to ensure they’re truly efficient. Automating a bad process simply makes a bad process faster and really doesn’t solve the problem.
Centralizing the accounts payable processes. All vendors should send their invoices to a central office so the individual branches don’t need to manage documents.
- Standardizing the company’s review and approval process so everyone can follow the same procedures. With new employees having workable guidelines.
- Automate what can be automated. and streamline the rest. In cases where purchasing or receiving doesn’t have strict rules with process. An example is three-way matching. Automating may be difficult and the process should be simplified and standardized.
- Don’t try to make the initial implementation too large. Consider streamlining certain processes in phase 1. Automating in phase 2 with streamlining and automating another area in phase 3. Once staff has seen what the technology can do in its early stages, they’ll envision other areas where it can successfully used. Future phases are likely will be easier to implement because of trust and familiarity.
- They plan to expand the paperless solutions to other areas of the company that currently maintain the paper-based processes. It helps to more easily and gain management approval. It will maximize the company’s investment in a state-of-the-art document management system.
Lastly and most importantly, get the executives involved Executives can be shown how they can gain visibility with increasing business intelligence with ChimpKey. Executives can see processes improved, discounts gained, and productivity increased for PDF invoice processing and other data.